View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 09:06 AM   #17
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Fairy Wife by Mark12_30

For all those following along on this effort, my apologies. This is obviously taking a LOT longer than I expected.

Recovery of the stories is more challenging than I thought. When I first undertook this project, I had not really explored the Fan Fiction Archive in many years. I had forgotten how many stories had been posted. As a result, I resolved to begin by posting tales written by folks that still stop by here from time to time. This required some sorting.

I had also forgotten how long many of the stories were. Some are divided up onto separate pages. Copying them takes time. And, of course, one of my first selections was a story that was missing its final chapters. While the authors have been willing to help recover missing pieces, this required them to locate their original versions of the stories (anyone remember discs?). More delay.

Oh, and converting from html to word, then posting onto this board, requires a lot of editing. Line spacing, fonts, page breaks... For those who are fans of the Oxford comma, well, forget it, I'm not getting into editing original writing.

And, of course, I have a day job and other things to do and...

Enough excuses.

I am posting today the first part of The Fairy Wife by Mark12_30. This is one of the LONG ones. It was also a favorite of many of its readers. This will be posted in multiple segments. Enjoy!