View Single Post
Old 02-07-2002, 06:40 AM   #6
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

You've opened the can of worms that is my bibliography of further reading.

At the moment I'm on some standard stuff for this site: The Monsters and the Critics and Other Essays, the author and editor of which need no introduction, and there's a copy (translation I blush to admit) of Beowulf awaiting my attention in conjunction with the essays on the subject.

Most recently I've been through, inter alia, Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis by Sigmund Freud; Harlequin by Bernard Cornwell (historical drama set in the Hundred Years' War and culminating in the battle of Crecy); The White Rabbit: the man the Gestapo couldn't crack (the biography of an RAF officer turned secret agent); Mansfield Park by Jane Austen; Hero in the Shadows by David Gemmell and Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett. Also I recommend The Greek Myths, I, Claudius and Claudius the God by Robert Graves, and Covenant with Death by John Harris.

I'd continue, but you're already asleep. One of the banes of my existence is a wide range of interests and another is a paucity of time.