View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #712
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mithalwen

"My brother is not a great conversationalist" said Mithalwen reflecting that Gilthalion was capable of making laconicism as much of an art form as he did his smith work . "His wife Enhiriel, you might know she is a bookbinder so is often to be found in the Library - also a great deal more sociable. We are going to Mithlond because I live there - Gilthalion removed to Rivendell after the Last Alliance but I could not live happily long away from the sea. These two are coming to live with me for a while. They journeyed with a group of Pilgrims who are now at the Woodhall where I came to meet them" .

Mithalwen looked carefully at the younger elf woman, to travel alone in these darkening days was noteworthy, especially as a messenger between the great lords of their people. She had travelled widely herself in her youth but that had been in days of peace and hope at the beginning of the age. She deemed that there might be more to this girl than immediately met the eye.

"I will restrain my curiosity as regards your mission, but I am glad your errand is not so urgent that you cannot tarry a while. There has been some problem in the kitchen - the cook has disappeared but I am sure we will be able to find something to eat presently. And my nephew tells me the ale is very fine should you prefer it to tea!"