View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 07:45 PM   #380
theWhiteLady
Wight

theWhiteLady has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

For a very long while Laurie sat against the wall, whether lost in thought or in dream she could not tell. And how much longer she would have sat, memories flew through her mind taking form as a song taking shape. Time had ceased to exist for her; as in a dream, Laurie walked once more through the green fields of her homeland and wandered the lonely roads of Middle-earth. The land suddenly changed, a roar filled her ears, and Laurie saw through the vision a vast grey body of water, ever changing and moving. A slight spray hit her face and stung her cheeks, the cold air whipped her white dress behind as she stood, looking out to the distant horizon, searching. Searching. She knew not for what.

"I am going for a ride. Would you care to accompany me?"

A soft voice pulled Laurie back; she tried to hold onto the dream, but the harder she tried, the faster it fell away. Laurie looked up, dazed by the bright sunlight and what she had just seen.

"If you do, I shall await you in the stable yard."

Pio searched the young girl's face carefully before leading her own horse into the yard. Laurie sat, her limbs leaden and head heavy. It was as though the effects of some powerful drug were just wearing off, making reality and dream hard to seperate. Slowly, she got to her feet, and realized that Nell had woken and was sniffing her curiously. The sight of her horse gave Laurie the strength she needed; she kissed the soft, brown nose and pulled on a halter. For some reason, she did not want to fool with the heavy saddle and going bareback simply felt right. A wooden box provided a handy stool, and Laurie mounted. As Nell walked out of the barn, the fresh air and comfort being on a horse always brought to Laurie revived her and she was able to smile when she spotted Pio waiting patiently at the other end of the yard.

"Thank you for waiting for me, Pio. Where is it you would like to ride?"

[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: theWhiteLady ]