View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 08:13 AM   #368
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rirrym looked up at Hiri, a brief smile appearing on his lips. “I am Rirrym, although most who know me simply call me Rym. I, too, am a stranger to these parts, but that is probably evident too from my clumsiness earlier,” he says as the beginnings of a blush flush his cheeks bright red.

Just then Elanor appears asking what he’d like to drink. “I’ve heard the ale is good here – I think I’ll have some of that, if I may.” Elanor nods and disappears towards the bar.

“Ah, but here I am talking to a lady and not even offering her a seat, my mother would turn in her grave if she saw me now.” He gets up and pulls another stool over to the table. “Would you like to sit for a while? Perhaps we could swap stories.”

Elanor reappears with his drink. As he fumbles with his coin purse, Elanor informs him that the drink was on the house, ‘Pio’s orders.’ As Elanor says the last words, she gestures to Piosenniel. His gaze follows the gesture, and as Elanor turns to leave, he timidly reaches out a hand to stop her. “Here, if my drink is to be free, at least let me give you a tip…” He hands her a shiny copper coin.

He catches Pio’s eye and smiles in thanks, making a mental note to repay the favour sometime soon.