View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 10:07 PM   #7
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hola Taralphiel! Sounds like an interesting RPG you have here.

Name: Jesslyn Stone, or Jess

Race: Human (Female)

Physical description: Jess is short at about 5’2, and is slender but muscular. Jess has misty grey eyes, a straight and rather ordinary nose, and lips that are prone to smiling, set in an oval face. Her black hair, cropped to just above the shoulders, has enough of a wave to make it look rumpled and wild, which isn’t helped by her idea of a haircut being to grab a knife and hack off the ends. Her ‘fashion sense’ is limited to the realization that black goes with everything, so she typically wears trousers and tunics ranging from grey to black.

Background (childhood, motivation for coming on quest): Jesslyn grew up the youngest of a large family. She had five brothers who all turned out to be great warriors, and three sisters who at the time of the story have all been married off and are happily living their lives. Her sisters found Jess to be a strange rough-and-tumble little girl, and often avoided Jess and let her play or follow her brothers. Jess learned from them how to skillfully use a sword, and daggers are easy for her to use as well. Jess always admired bowmen (or women!) but never learned how to use one herself.

As far as any of her living relatives can remember, the Stones had always lived in Tarnost. When much of the area of the Dor-En-Ernil became subject to raids, the villagers of Tarnost all knew it was necessary to do something about it. When a message came that the Swan Lady Taralphiel requested aid to regain the forests of Dor-En-Ernil, her family immediately debated on how they could help. With her brothers serving the Guard of Gondor, and her sisters with families of their own, her parents opted to send Jess. Jess agreed for the chance to uphold family honour and go on an adventure.

Personality: Jess is an intelligent girl who dislikes ignorance. Though a (semi)trained warrior, she's a diligent student and jumps at the chance to learn something new. Jess is very brave, but has a strong sense of self-preservation. A good leader, but Jess can easily follow orders if the leader is competent. Jess' biggest weakness is her stubborness, and she's often overly blunt or sarcastic in turn.

First post:

Jesslyn Stone’s footsteps could hardly be heard on the long-left roads of Calembel. Walking through the deserted town was certainly strange, but Jess was used to strange occurrences. Arriving through the south gate, Jess had traveled from her home in Tarnost. An awkward site she must have been, clad in black in a shade matching her wild, short hair and bright green eyes searching the old town.

Tall moss-covered buildings lined the roads, and it seemed to Jess that the people of Calembel left in a hurry. Pots and tarps still filled and covered shops and doors of homes were flung open. Jess’s eyes darted to and fro examining each house and shop as her brothers had taught her. Maybe she wouldn’t be here if one of her brothers were not serving Gondor. Adventure was one thing, but upholding the family honour was another, much more important reason for being in Calembel. Of course Jess wanted to rid her home forest of raiders and rogues.

Reaching the center of the town, she saw a few other Humans and Elves, gathered around a large fountain that had long been dry of water. Jess remained silent, and showed no emotion on her face.

Riding up on a horse came a woman with long brown hair and striking green eyes. After a quick glance at the group that had gathered, the woman dismounted and spoke to the people in a grand, proud voice.

“I am Laurel of Alphirion. Who art thou?”

None of the others spoke first, so Jess took a step forward from her place and bowed gallantly. Smiling and withdrawing her sword, Jesslyn Stone’s green eyes looked over the taller, green-clad human.

“I am Jesslyn Stone. I hail from the town of Tarnost, just south of here. I offer my sword to any attempt to rid Dor-En-Ernil of raiders and such barbarians. Long has my family and village stood by, not knowing what to do, and now that we gather here to destroy the force that threatens us, we know what we must do. We must defend our land and people. Not many of us residents of the forest have gone without losing a family member to the raiders, and I am here to avenge their deaths and prevent more.” Jesslyn lifted her chin proudly, and sheathed her sword.

And

Name: Cartil Stone

Race: Human (Male)

Physical Description: Taller than all his other siblings (even his older ones!) Cartil is about 6 feet tall and is lanky but muscular. His skin is a swarthy color, and his eyes are hazel. Like most of his family, Cartil’s hair is jet-black, very thick, and very curly, and is scruffy and about ear-length. Cartil dresses plainly, save for the intricate sheath that holds his sword, which is studded with many gems and inlaid with gold.

Background (childhood, motivation for coming on quest): Cartil is the youngest son of the Stone family. He learned sword fighting at an early age, but when a party of Elves came to visit his mother, Cartil was taught how to use the bow and quiver. He often was the one who let his younger sister Jess tag along, much to his older brother’s dismay. When he turned sixteen he went off with his older brother Namir to join the Guard of Gondor.

Though Cartil was a skilled warrior, he found more interest (and success) in being more of a diplomat than a warrior or knight. Much of his nine years in Minas Tirith were spent drawing up some sort of decree, message, or treaty, and then sending it himself.

Upon hearing the news from the Lady Taralphiel about the raids in the south, the King Elessar decided to send a representative to ‘investigate’ and help the Swan Lady at all costs. The King chose Cartil and sent him to the deserted village of Calembel. With an official message from King Elessar, Cartil rode out and began the journey to Calembel.

First Post:

The white stallion carrying Cartil Stone trotted along the street of Calembel. After having ridden south from Minas Tirith, Cartil traveled west to reach the empty town. He even visited his hometown of Tarnost along the way. His younger sister was not there, but he promised himself that he would visit his favorite sibling when all was done with the raiders.

Going through the south entrance into the town, Cartil felt chilled to the bone as he looked about the place. A slight wind whipped at Cartil’s cloak, and his hazel eyes were filled with great anticipation as he neared the center of Calembel. When he turned a corner, Cartil came into view of a great fountain, though no water fell from the great stone statues that stood from the center of the fountain basin. There were a few others grouped about the fountain.

A woman shot through the quiet scene on her horse, and when she reached the grouping, she dismounted and began to speak.

“I am Laurel of Alphirion. Who art thou?” Her loud voice echoed and bounced about the crumbling buildings.

Then, a younger woman strode forward and began to speak. That voice sounds so familiar... Cartil thought. Turning so that he could see the girl past the others who had come to Calembel, he almost fell off his stationary horse. It was Jess! His sister spoke now the brown haired horse-woman.

“Jess!” was all Cartil managed to cry out as he leapt off his horse and led it to the company that surrounded the fountain. Jess turned to face whoever had called her name, and her clear green eyes widened as she took in the sight before her. She ran from her spot and when she was close enough the Cartil she jumped up and hugged her brother.

“What are you doing here?” Cartil asked, though his voice was muffled as Jess had her hands tightly wound about his neck. Only when she finally detangled her arms from his neck did she answer his question, -

“I’m here to help get the forest back! What are you doing here?” Jess interrogated after she answered. But Cartil noticed all the others of the group staring at the two, and he hushed his sister and continued over to the company.

“Forgive me! I have not introduced myself! I am Cartil Stone; I come here as a representative of the King Elessar and his Reunited Kingdom, especially Minas Tirith. I bring greetings and well wishes from the King,” Cartil spoke in a stately voice and withdrew a parchment from his cloak pocket. It was elegantly rolled and tied with string.

“I am Laurel of Alphirion,” The woman began again, and Cartil handed her the parchment

This sounds like a cool RPG. I hope Jesslyn's (And Cartil's) profile is okay as well as the first post. If anything needs to be changed just let me know.

Aylwen Dreamsong

[ May 30, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]