View Single Post
Old 12-14-2002, 11:34 AM   #843
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

Edit: Oops! D'oh, I didn't see that we're on page 22 now...so this is in answer to Eruwen's question "Who did Merry and Pippin meet in Fangorn Forest?":

Barliman Butterbur's evil twin brother, Bugabear Butterbur. He was in exile, of course, because of his evilness. But for some reason the Ents took a shine to him (perhaps it was because he was a bit slow in the head) and they allowed him to live in the forest. There he made the acquaintance of several bad-hearted Huorns, and they got along pretty well. When Merry and Pippin happened by, he attempted to seize them and eat them for his dinner, but Treebeard stepped on him and that was the end of that.

As to the Dwarves of Erebor, they celebrated Birthdays by showering the birthee with gold and jewels, while dancing in circles around him/her singing "Happy Birthday to You" in Dwarvish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was walking one day, I saw a Wizard on the way. The Wizard carried seven sacks, and in each sack there were seven cats, and each cat she had seven kittens, and those kittens they had seven mittens. "These cats and kittens with their mittens," the Wizard said to me, "are for the Hobbit lads and lasses, but answer me these riddles three...how many cats, kittens and mittens do I carry as I passes?"

[ December 14, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]