View Single Post
Old 07-05-2002, 09:00 AM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Wonderful, Belin - you started this topic!! Alas for me that it should be one day before I leave on a 10-day vacation, with no certainty of internet access... I will try to post what occurs to me today and hope for an opportunity to continue.

One quick example for a start: The characteristics of a mother are inherited by her childran - I know, that's not an achievement, but it is an important factor in the life of Bilbo Baggins! Had he not been the son of the fabulous Belladonna Took, would he have been prepared for an adventure? Apparently Gandalf thought his mother important, for he mentions her twice in his first conversation with Bilbo in the "Hobbit":
Quote:
To think that I should have lived to be good-morninged by Belladonna Took's son, as if I was selling buttons at the door!

...for the sake of poor Belladonna, I will give you what you asked for.
As far as I know, that is the only place Belladonna Took is mentioned - does anyone know of another?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote