View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 04:19 PM   #60
Yavanna Kementari
Haunting Spirit

Yavanna Kementari has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I completely agree that Boromir and Faramir complete each other. They would have made an excellent team!!

I also believe what Faramir Fan said about Boromirs love for Faramir. He saw that Denethor favored him over his brother. And in that Boromir tried to give him the love that and encouragment that Denethor wasn't giving to him. I see Boromir like that because of the way he cared for the Merry and Pippin. He seemed very fatherly to them, as I am sure he was to his brother. I believe as well that is why Boromir wanted to go to Rivendel and didn't want Faramir to go.
I think Boromir would have made a great leader. I know he would have. The people loved and revered him. He was the future Steward of Gondor. And would have brought victory to Gondor in times of war because he was a great warrior.

Faramir would also have been a good leader as well. He is very diplomatic and levelheaded. He would have kept his land well in times of peace because he was well spoken.

This might sound bad, but perhaps it is better that Denethor died before Gondor was restored to Aragorn. Denethor wanted nothing more than to see Boromir rule after his time had come to an end. He may have gone insane anyway knowing that his son would never rule, or finally seeing the King return to his kingdom after such a long age.

I believe that had Boromir lived Aragorn might have chosen both of them to be Stewards be cause one complimented the other so well, it would have been folly to chose just one half of something seemingly so complete. IMHO -(~<~>YAVANNA
p.s. Every one that has posted has had excellent points of view on this topic. GREAT THREAD!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]