Thread: Words in Words
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2003, 01:44 PM   #289
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Thumbs up

«««This year, I travelled to South America with a group of friends in order to explore the Orinoco river. The desire to see the world had come upon me like a timebomb, urging me to pastures new.

Charting first the north Orinoco, my companions and I travelled in two boats called the Red Orinoco and the Green Orinoco. Then, after three days' journey down the river, we set out on foot. Our guide and friend, Wali, naturally knew the way. So, taking my trusty staff, I lifted my pack onto my back and followed the group into the depths of the rainforest. And, as we continued our trek, I listened out for the sounds of the abundant wildlife about me.

Some time later, we came to a village where the locals, wearing loincloths, welcomed us with great warmth. Finding it to our liking, we stayed there for a number of days. And what a different lifestyle we enjoyed there, being used as we were to the hubub of urban living. Indeed, I would quite happily have set up home there amongst tree and shrub, if urgent business in Caracas had not drawn me away.

I am going to Bali next year. »»»

I think that was perfectly charming, oh Saucepan Man! Of course it is the 13 Dwarves from the Hobbit,
Dwalin, Balin, Fili, Kili, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Oin, Gloin, Nori, Ori, Dori, and of course, the great Thorin Oakenshield himself.

I have a question, was Oin to be found within Gloin? I haven't spotted him anywhere else... [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

[ June 11, 2003: Message edited by: LePetitChoux ]