View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 02:14 AM   #8
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So on the one hand, I think the biggest movie potential is Middle-earth: The Fall of Kings - the fall of Arthedain and the severing of the line of kings in Gondor. I plotted the whole thing out once, but it's lost in a badly-tagged Livejournal, so I have to go on memory. The first part is a political love triangle - Prince Arvedui of Arthedain, Firiel princess of Gondor, and Earnil the Gondorian general. It all leads into the Disaster of the Morannon, the death of the Gondorian royal family and Arvedui's attempt to claim the throne.

The second part is the fall of Arthedain, which has great name recognition potential: there are canonically Hobbits at Fornost, the enemy is the Witch-King, Elrond is in play, and Gandalf is present in Middle-earth to use. This part ends with Arvedui's death, and Earnil's defeat of Angmar, probably intercut. Then the third part is the Gondorian coda: first Earnil, then his son riding to face the Witch-King in Morgul Vale and never returning. Quite where you split the three up I'm not sure about, but seriously, if WarnArda takes off I'd be surprised if they didn't do it.

On the other hand, what I most want to see is them taking advantage of the fact that they have the rights to the Shire. Stuff High Fantasy - I want a movie about Belladonna Took going on Hobbit-scale adventures. Call it Remarkable. You can even tie it back to Fall of Kings, by sending her up to the ruins of King's Norbury.

hS