View Single Post
Old 10-18-2022, 07:00 PM   #13
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey
I feel like they wrote Halbrand so that you can go back and rewatch him, to see whether he ever lied (I'm guessing not). I remembered him yelling at Adar about the unspecified terrible thing he did to him - which came, in hindsight, not long before Adar confessed to killing Sauron. Should have listened, Artanis...
Indeed, I do want to rewatch Season 1 at some point (just not sure when that will happen, because I still want to watch Andor and House of the Dragon...plus all my sportsball stuff

But, I do want to rewatch in the context knowing now Halbrand is Sauron. I think that will make the times when Halbrand is giving advice to Galadriel and Celebrimbor less jarring than at the time when you just think, why is this guy that Galadriel found on a raft teaching Galadriel?

Also, going back to one of my comments in Episode 4. Should have taken the clear foreshadowing for what it was...

Quote:
I rather think that "advice" to Pharazon from within a jail cell scene, was foreshadowing and revealing more into Pharazon's character, than figuring out the Halbrand mystery. My current theory after Episode 4 is Halbrand becomes acclimated in Numenor and to Pharazon. Maybe becoming an advisor/general/captain under Pharazon and becoming a future Nazgul. I can see a future Nazgul being formerly important members of the King's Men. Anyway, I think this episode to be more revealing into Pharazon's and Miriel's character. The "Halbrand advising Galadriel and then Pharazon from within a jail cell" is foreshadowing for Pharazon's storyline, and doesn't answer the question of who is Halbrand? At least, that's my personal theory.
That is why I'm just going with it and admitting the Stranger is clearly Gandalf. Looks like Gandalf, sounds like Gandalf, he's with hobbits, there's no more ambiguity.

Last edited by Boromir88; 10-22-2022 at 03:51 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote