View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 11:45 AM   #13
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Having finished watching Episode 5 again, I'm left thinking this episode simultaneously contained the best moments and the weirdest of the season so far.

Again, I loved the songs and music in this episode. This is the first time the music was memorable to me, because of the Harfoot traveling song (beautifully sung), Numenor's song, and the orcs marching chant.

I also liked Elrond and Gil Galad's conversation about oaths and Gil galad telling him that hope was never mere. The memorable music, oaths and "mere" hope are good themes that make it feel like a Middle-earth story, in my opinion.

Then the weird. Celebrimbor's line about needing enough mithril to bathe all the Elves in the light of the silmarils. Oh boy...I'm hoping that's just clunky script writing. That was truly the weirdest moment of the series so far, even weirder than the slo-mo scenes.