View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #529
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
There’s something rattling around in my head so they’re mistaken for kin... I feel like Faramir is compared to Gandalf at some point but I don’t think it amounts to thinking kinship.
Sam tells Faramir at Henneth Annun that he reminds him of Gandalf, but I do not believe he ever implies kinship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
But something else. Aragorn and one of the men of Gondor Boromir? At Rivendell? By frodo
They are said to look alike on more than one occasion, I think, but again I can't recall any instance of implied kinship. It should go without saying, but if you provide a quote that proves me wrong, I would accept it as an alternative answer.

I suppose to make you focus less on all the people who look alike - these two don't actually look alike. Their physical appearances are described quite differently.