Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 08:17 PM   #10877
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriman the Whide View Post
Thanks! I missed your post saying you were on it before I'd started working at it so sorry if i stole that one from you
Nothing to worry about! Many people can work on the same clue - and that's the point, we often have to each pitch guesses and ideas before it clicks for someone. There's no claiming clues, so no stealing them either.

Well done on Elros and Eomund too! I can't echo Pervinca and Hui enough in saying it's lovely to see new people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Elros died of AGE, didn't he? And Fingolfin's was the First... yeah.
My god. Old age as a bane... And what can I say, Fingolfin's Age was indeed the First... Suffice to say that without the theme and Elros' name known, this would have been quite impossible, but with this knowledge it's actually quite brilliant. The bane of old age... This one's gonna take a while to get over.

Excellent theme, and absolutely brilliant clues. Even if Nimrodel and Amroth didn't work out as you initially thought, as Hui pointed out it still works quite nicely. But Age has gotta be my favourite!

This one is a bit of a cheat, inspired by previous passwords and written all in the last hour, so my apologies if not as original as its predecessor. I should be more like Pervinca and prepare these ahead of time.

1. Hang door trim on the chaotic peaks.
2. Male buildings, literally.
3. The bands sing right - or wrong.
4. Elder... yes, almost elder.
5. Bright welcome, both noted and unnoted, initially jinxes small tumbled wheels.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 04-09-2021 at 06:57 AM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote