View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 09:10 PM   #499
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Since Greenie and Legate appear to be covered already

Formendacil, or rather, what people said about him

Day1
He pretty much got under scrutiny right away, with people forming some half-joking suspicions based on ic posts, wolf strategy, possible cobbler hints, Day1 grumpiness, and no-lynch stuff. Rereading/reskimming it, he sure made it easy to suspect him, which gives the cobbler suspicions some merit. Anyway, among the still-alive, Sally, Brinn, Pitch, Lommy, Shasta, and Rikae are the ones caught up in it, so more than half the village. I don't feel like I can tell for sure here who may have been grasping for straws to set him up and who was grasping for straws because there wasn't anything else to grasp for yet. Oddly none of the still-living ended up voting for him.

Day2
-Kath analyzes Lottie and is lead to mention a Form-Legate-Nog pack.
-Pitch agrees with BG about her bad Form gut feeling, and with Kath's idea, too, while throwing more names into the pot.
-Brinn agrees with Legate that if BG is a wolf, Form likely is not, and vice versa.
-Pitch brings up Form's gifted discussion and says that if Form or Nilp were the NW, the pack would not have come to save either.
-Lommy: if Form is a wolf, look at Nog and Kath. Also agrees with Pitch. Puts him on her list of suspects and says she's flip-flopping on him.
-Sally finds Form suspicious without giving a reason, putting him as No. 1 in her possible wolf pack list.
-Rikae has Form as vaguely suspicious.
-Pitch goes after him because of the way he worded his suspicion of Pitch and Kath. Legitimate in general, but Pitch's reaction seems a bit much.
-Shasta brings to attention that people point out BG's gifted discussion but not enough go for Form's, though he also says that wolves don't have much of a reason to in the first place. (Why point this out if you don't think it's wolfish?) Kath replies to this that she didn't notice and Pitch replies that he did.
-Pitch adds that wolves have no reason to, but cobblers do.
-Brinn adds that the NW might as well, and Shasta agrees.
-Pitch puts Form in his fourth tier of suspicion, due to cobbler suspicions, I assume.
-Lommy puts him into a very large "who knows" category, saying he doesn't sit right with her, but that it might be kneejerk. Later considers voting for him and still later does, since he's the most suspicious one among those who have votes.
-Brinn could go for him as well, says his posts look calculated. (Not sure what she means by this.)
-Pitch wanted to vote for Kath but Form's vote makes him reconsider.
-Lommy tries to steer Nog into voting for him.
-Pitch could vote for Form but rather wouldn't, since he thinks he's the cobbler.
-Brinn wants to vote for Nog but doesn't consider him feasible at this point. Form is her second choice.
-Kath votes Nilp, wants to go through Form's posts before judging him.
-Sally, too, doesn't vote Form due to cobbler suspicion.
-Shasta votes for Form without time to explain.

Not sure whether the Form-cobbler faction is more or less suspicious, honestly. None of the still living had him as their first suspect, but many considered voting him and some did. There's a lot of agreeing posts in here, which doesn't sit too well with me.

Day3
-Brinn says that she preferred Nog over Form since Form looked more like a cobbler. She analyzes BG and concludes that it doesn't look good for Form.
-Sally is the first among the still-living to actually go all out to suspect him. Didn't like that Form suspected her for being quiet. Says the Nogrod lynch may have been to save Form. She lists Kath alongside him.
-Brinn changes her mind from Form-cobbler to Form-NW.
-Shasta is the first to say that Form is suspicious for still being alive and that he's being saved.
-Rikae doesn't buy Form's vote explanation, implies they think he's a wolf.
-Lommy agrees with Brinn on Form looking suspicious due to BG, but still hesitates, and also on Form possibly being the NW. Picks up a post of Greenie on me and Form and adds that it wouldn't surprise her to see me be wolves with him.
-Nilp states that he had trusted Form but is confused about it now.
-Lommy lists him as double hmmmmm, due to not dying, posting statistics instead of opinions, and BG's suspicion.
-Brinn doesn't like Form's reaction to Nilp's reveal.
-Kath says the general suspicion about Form makes more sense now that she noticed... his Day1 post about not voting??
-Shasta lists Form as first option next to Kath, because of the traction thing - i.e. since he keeps not getting lynched.
-Rikae envisions a scenario with Form as wolf and Brinn and me innocent (which yesterDay at first struck me as a super obvious seer hint) and then speculates on packmates based on this. (And they manage to rub a whole bunch of people the wrong way which is quite amusing to read, no matter who's guilty or not in this bunch.)
-Kath went back to reading up on Form and finds a number of points against him, which each look ok on their own.
-Brinn says that Form and Pitch stick out to her, leaning Form, who she suspects to be the NW planning to foil Nilp in death. Kath will agree with this and also with that the NW should still be lynched.
-Shasta states that Rikae and Legate wanted to save both, Kath and Form.

And here come the votes:
-Kath++Form
-Sally states she still wants to lynch Form.
-Rikae++Form
-Sally++Form
-Shasta++Form
-Lommy agrees with Shasta's Form/Kath idea, though she's not sure about it. Wants to vote for Form since she's not convinced of Legate's guilt.
-Lommy++Form
-me++Form
-Legate++Form
-Brinn doesn't like that everybody is voting for Form.
-Pitch++Form, after briefly considering Legate.
-Nilp++Form
-Brinn++Form
-Lommy has heavy second thoughts after Form's testament.

Kath - ignores him at first then warms up to lynching him after others prod her to. Her one larger post about him looks ok by itself, but given that Form did do a lot of odd things, it's not too hard to fabricate for a wolf. So while on the one hand this was a very convenient way to go for her, why would wolfKath ignore him for so long at first?

Rikae - I really don't know what to make of them at all...

Sally - giving credit to her for being the first among the still-living to firmly suspect him instead cobbler stuff or him being one of many suspects. The tightness of her case is just so-so.

Shasta - two things rub me wrong pretty strongly: pointing out Form's gifted talk while one sentence later saying it's not wolfish. Very much feels like he's trying to make other people suspicious of him while washing his own hands of it. Then there his idea that Form is more suspicious because he keeps surviving, which is still nonsense to me.

Lommy - she's the only one who, while suspicious of Form, maintains a hesitant tone. A wolf might do that to not look too bad once the innocent is dead, but it feels genuine. She too though says that Form is suspicious for not dying, though.

Pitch - maintains the Form-cobbler thing for the longest time. A wolf could discuss the cobblerness of an innocent to make them look bad without accusing them of being a wolf. Interestingly, he doesn't meaningfully mention him at all on Day3.

Nilp - only says that he's confused. That's it. Yep.

Brinn - has Form high on her list pretty consistently. Said she held back because she thought him to be the cobbler, but changed her mind on Day3. Getting the feeling of an innocent, though a somewhat single-minded one.

Based on this only, I'd say roughly:

Shasta - Pitch/Kath - Rikae/Sally - Nilp - Lommy/Brinn

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-10-2020 at 09:22 PM. Reason: *does not want to bold another name again for the rest of his life*
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote