View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 03:46 AM   #1306
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I've finally caught up on everything that happened yesterDay and toDay! From now on, if I say someone looks blatantly wolfish, please lay off them as they’re probably innocent.

Overall general impressions? Lommy's reaction to Boro makes her look very innocent. (Also I can relate.) THE Ka is probably my best lead where possible wolves are concerned. I'm re-evaluating Rune, too. I need to do some further thinking re: Boro and Eonwe as both give me a headache.

So starting from yesterDay -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
In response to Boro's comments. Boro had suggested a pack of Lhuna, Lottie, Inzil + one more. Greenie seems to discount Lottie from this list and I agree based on the reasons I gave previously. Boro and Greenie - what linked Lhuna and Inzil for you, given you seemed to agree on that point?
I didn't really see a link between Lhuna and Inzil at that point if I'm honest (that was before we found out Lhuna's role). Rather that I suspected both of them and didn't see them as actively incompatible with each other, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Greenie votes Inzil for being the most suspicious and mentioned suspicion of Lhuna and Boro. Having previously said you'd be tempted to follow the QT, Greenie, why the decision to stick to Inzil in the end?
Fair question. I did seriously consider it, but in the end decided to go for Inzil because he was my top suspect at the time and I felt the argument against him was stronger. Also, a few others already had a vote by that point and none of them were people I felt very good about, so there was also an element of "que sera sera and let's see who defends whom and what falls out". Another element is probably a personality thing - I'm not good with quick changes. I might as well just stop waiting until after the QT vote since getting possible new information very shortly before I need to make my decision tends to lead to me ignoring the new information as I don't have enough time to process it properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I'm not sure about Eönwë-Shasta but I keep seeing Greenie-Eönwë and Greenie-Shasta as things. But it's hard for me to evaluate it because I know both Shasta and Eönwë are among Greenie's best 'downs buddies so that might make them likely to lowkey team up regardless of their alignments, especially if they were innocents genuinely thinking the other one innocent too.
True, I might have a bit of a blind spot where those two are concerned. I still think Shasta looks more innocent than not (especially if THE Ka does turn out to be a wolf) but I'm starting to get confused about Eonwe.

Re: Rune. If Boro is right and the Cuties only voted for Rune because they thought Boro was the Seer, the information value of the QT vote is somewhat diminished. That said, it also doesn't automatically mean that Rune is off the hook, either. I found this point by Lommy noteworthy, regardless of the actual motivation behind the QT vote:

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I guess you could read me and Lhuna's exchange as Lhuna trying to look good by pointing out a flaw in my reasoning, while it didn't really work because it didn't look like a flaw to anyone who didn't know Rune is a wolf?

If Rune is a wolf, I would hazard a guess that THE Ka is too. Remember how she compared me and Lhuna's arguments (in a manner that I can't call anything but weird) and came to the conclusion that mine is better? How convenient if Rune was her packmate and she was basically saying "shh Lhuna, let the innocents faultily conclude our packmate is innocent".
Particularly that first paragraph - I remember thinking that something in Lhuna argument against Lommy's conclusion about Rune seemed off, and couldn't really put a finger on it. I think this is a possibility. And speaking of Lommy's theory of Rune and Ka being fellows, Ka's reaction to yesterDay's QT vote isn't exactly reassuring. It's just noncommittal enough as not to come across as a defence of Rune, while sowing further doubt about whether we should trust the QT pick:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
As for the QT vote... not expecting that and I don't really see why Rune.
Also on Rune, this gave me pause as well:

Quote:
But re: Eönwë and Lhuna, I find it rather interesting that on Day1 he said:
Quote:
Just so you know I am biased (or blind) in some ways. I naturally suspect Loslote and Eonwe, I believe it has always been thus. I always want to believe the best of Lhuna, I know it has always been thus.
Is he really a self-fulfilling prophecy, or was this him laying grounds for trusting fellow!Lhuna and going for innocent!Eönwë (and possibly innocent!Lottie) later in the game?
This is also possible - actually it reminds me of Lommy and Huin's conversation on D1 about how doing "what you always do" is a natural cover for a wolf.

And that's all I've got from yesterDay. I picked out quite a bit to comment on from toDay as well, but that'll have to wait - I'm currently on sick leave because I can't sit in front of the computer for longer than about 15 minutes at a time so this post took a few hours to write. I'll come back and continue in a while!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote