View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #737
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I also don't get why people keep bringing up talking about Kit being the Ranger as a reason to call someone evil. It doesn't make sense - if you're a wolf, and you think someone's the Ranger, you just kill them in the night. If you're an innocent, and you think someone's the Ranger, you don't talk about it either. You only do it if you're the Cobbler wanting to point it out to the wolves, and the Cobbler is dead.
For my part, I think bringing it up yesterDay while Kit was still alive was based wolfy logic - if you're a wolf, you know who your packmates are, so you know that Kit either is a Ranger or an innocent who said something weird/is planning for a potential fake-reveal for some complicated plan. If you're an innocent, you're more suspicious of everyone and thus you might be less inclined to accept it as 100% truth.

So if you're a wolf, looking at those who are avoiding what seems obvious to you is low-hanging fruit for manufacturing suspicion. But there is no reason for an innocent to suspect that a wolf that believes that Kit is the Ranger is going have her as suspicious if they're just going to kill her in the Night, especially given that (IIRC) no-one had Kit as their main suspect, so it didn't look like they were going for a lynch either.

To summarise: it makes sense for innocents to not want to just immediately (and definitely not publicly) accept Kit as the Ranger, so I'm wary of those that suspected people for not doing so yesterDay, especially since I think wolves are more likely to have the thought process that leads to that seeming like something that could be suspicious (and therefore good for manufacturing fake suspicions).