View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 04:18 PM   #312
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Re: Hui's summary of G55 - when you put it all together it's pretty obvious how much distraction and havoc she caused, and how fun it must have been for her. (Gotta be a little envious; cobbler is maybe my fave role...) Well played *waves to the qt thread* but I'm glad we got you out of the way this early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Lommy flipflops (sorry, considers both sides)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
The one that jumps out on this lynch list is once again Lommy. I would dearly love to know what 'make this more interesting' meant, because to my mind, voting for one of the top two suspects (and the one who already had the most votes up to a minute before) is the opposite of 'making it interesting'.
Of the people who were "on the table" when I voted, I thought Pitchwife looked the most innocent, but I didn't have much of a preference as for Gal vs Brinn. I suspected both of them a little, but neither was my top suspect. (Gal looked maybe more suspicious to me than Brinn, but more likely of the two to turn out to be a mere cobbler if evil.) Since the last few votes (looking at the tally, I think Rune and Ka's for Brinn), it clarified the overall situation to me that it's likely to be Gal vs Brinn in the end and I was okay with either. So I thought I might as well cast my vote then (and not later) and decided to vote Gal whose bandwagon seemed to me to have less momentum. What I meant by "let's make this more interesting" was "let's see if anyone rushes to save Gal, or joins the bandwagon after me to save Brinn". Adding a new vote candidate 15min before the dl when 2/3 of the village had already voted would have been the opposite of making it interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
2nd thought is there wasn't a whole lot of talk about how the QT voting will turn out. With the cobbler being there and holding the tiebreaker, we can't trust the QT vote at all today. It's going to be another nerve-wracking DL.
Sheesh, it's just our cobbler having one vote, just like she did yesterDay, with the difference that we know it's the cobbler's vote and we don't need to discuss its merits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Obviously Gala considered Rikae to be innocent. In fact, by the fairly spirited way she went after them, she likely thought they were not just innocent, but gifted. What set her off against them was an error in a comment about me. Maybe she thought Rikae was the seer, dreamt of wolf-me (No, I’m not a wolf, but she Gala doesn’t know that) and tried to get me lynched by exaggerating what little could be found that early into Day1? Now Rikae is dead. Did the wolves follow Gala’s judgement and thought them gifted? I don't see it, unless maaybe if Brinn is indeed a wolf and the way Rikae suspected her set them off. Not gonna put too many eggs into that basket, though.
What the. This doesn't sound like innocent logic at all! Like how does it even cross your mind to base your theory on Rikae being thought a seer who dreamed of wolf!you when you're not a wolf?

But given that this follows with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Unless... I'm being framed. By the exact thinking above, a mewolf would have reason to think Rikae really is the seer. If the wolves are preparing my head for the chopping block, I have to raise my eyebrow at those who suddenly suspected me near the deadline, since this would very much play into their hands/paws. *coughgreeniecough*
if you're a wolf you're either very bold or already lost your hope of appearing innocent in light of the Rikae kill and trying to make the most of it by pointing stuff out before anyone else can? If the cobbler wasn't already dead, I'd be side-eyeing Mac pretty hard right now. I mean I am, but that explanation would at least make sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Folks, can we please refer to Rikae as they/them/their? Thank you.
oops I did that yesterDay but not toDay, I'm so sorry Rikae!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
But had I been able to and not already voted, when I read Steve's vote I thought I would be very tempted to do the same thing. I thought Urwen's vote was unsporty and even though G55 turned out cobbler, I had same exact reaction as Steve's. Looked like Urwen had no interest in being helpful.
Agreed. It would have been a decent Day1 lynch, but it was brought on the table all too late, and all too off-handedly - which I agree was a very safe move from Eönwë if he just wanted to keep his hands clean.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 05-06-2020 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typos (my keyboard seems to be swallowing the letters "a")
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote