Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 09:55 AM   #9314
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
JRR BLING is brilliant. At one point I'd considered it might be a name, say of the person who made the jewelry for the LOTR films, but hadn't thought of initials!
Concur - this was a great password! I was wracking my brains just like Urwen to try and find a word that fitted; it's much more fun that the ones where the password falls one clue in and people stop guessing because they know they're not going to get to make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
I'm sorry about the multiple posts. I think there's a quick way of getting lots of quotes in one post - Huey does it all the time - but I don't know how.
Kind of two answers here, one or the other of which you probably know:

1. The multi-quote button under each post saves that post as a quote. If you click it for multiple posts, then hit the main Post Reply button at the end of the page, it sticks all of them into your post to work with.

2. If you're working in code-viewing mode (does the Downs even have a WYSIWYG mode?), each quote looks like this, only with square brackets rather than pointy:

<QUOTE=Pervinca Took;722647>I'm sorry about the multiple posts. I think there's a quick way of getting lots of quotes in one post - Huey does it all the time - but I don't know how.</QUOTE>

To split it up and reply to just parts, all I do is copy that opening <quote> and add in some more </quote>s:

<QUOTE=Pervinca Took;722647>I'm sorry about the multiple posts. I think there's a quick way of getting lots of quotes in one post</quote>

<QUOTE=Pervinca Took;722647>Huey does it all the time - but I don't know how.</QUOTE>

Et voila!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
So I hereby declare that 'baobab pudding' is a slang term, and you have to treat it as slang term from now on.
That sounds like a great password! If you can find a way to link it to a series of Tolkien clues, go for it! (Though probably not this one, because you've just given it away...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
As such, I will revert to extremely vague clues next time I write a puzzle and refuse to give you extra in any way, shape or form even if you ask for them.
Please don't. Deliberately tying up the game just spoils the fun for everyone, yourself included.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote