View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 06:24 AM   #2752
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Fimbrethil, who went to the Eastern lands alongside her kin in search of new gardens after their old ones were destroyed, leaving her husband behind, thus leaving the desert of the heart.

And Celeborn, who left Eregion after Sauron destroyed it, thus leaving the desert of the land
Oooo, you're good!

Fimbrethil is the speaker, yes. However, the sundering I had in mind was earlier than that, referring to the incompatible interests of the Ents and Entwives- and it is she who left a very literal desert, the Brown Lands, behind her -Sauron was particularly thorough there- not fond of flowers, I suppose. (Your interpretation wouldn't have occurred to me because I generally assume the Entwives died with their gardens, and that the rest is wishful thinking.)

Okay... now find the other one. "Desert of the heart" isn't a throwaway phrase, and means more than just being sad or missing someone.

Last edited by Nerwen; 06-08-2019 at 09:23 AM. Reason: word left out.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote