View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 03:58 AM   #2652
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Well! 'You and your kin shall be damned' immediately points to the House of Hurin, of whom one member wound up in the sea - Hurin himself (as you reminded me). He also cried out in despair at the Hidden Way into Gondolin, thus revealing the city.

'Descended from your brother' means we're looking at the Huor-Tuor line, which means the Halfelven and the Numenorean-Dunedain nobility. I'm... trying very hard to find someone other than Tar-Miriel who fits, but I can't. She's simply got too many connections - with Pharazon as 'someone I could[n't] dispatch', and the Fall of Numenor as a whole. So my answer is Tar-Miriel speaking to Hurin Thalion. And the 'reasons' are because we literally just had that conversation (and possibly you were trying to trick me and make me think you meant Nienor, not Hurin).

hS
That's the answer, and that's the reason. Well, that and the fact that you hold her in high regard, as do I.

Are you up for continuing the game?

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote