View Single Post
Old 03-18-2001, 08:59 PM   #70
draggonklaw
Animated Skeleton

draggonklaw has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Animated Skeleton
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: OT: A Living

OFF Topic: KayQy, It sounds like your'e a Christian as well. Awesome. I'm sure there are a few more. I'd love to chat in a Christian Tolkien lovers forum like Gilthalion suggested. Let's get it going. I made my comment about not preaching on this site because, I don't think it's very tactful, nor Christlike to come on to someone's site and start trying to prosyletize/evangelize. Some believers might think that is a very &quot;noble&quot; and &quot;zealous&quot; thing to do. I don't. I think it would turn people off (Esp. RKittle, who probably did not intend this site for that purpose). But now, if there are some other belivers on this site that Love the Lord, and want to chat about the Bible and Tolkien, and RKittle gives us the go ahead, that's a whole different ball game. Then people who know us, and are interested in in hearing and sharing what we have to chat about, can come on in and join us. We need to have a special place to do it though.
There is definitely a lot of Tolkien's theology that spills over into LotR, even though LotR is not intended to be an allegory. It was exciting for me to learn that Tolkien is the one who led CS Lewis to faith in Christ. Anyhow, If you are going to start that special chat room Gilthalion, please count me in.

</p>
draggonklaw is offline   Reply With Quote