View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #551
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I urge skepticism, certainly, but even if there are omissions I think it's worth looking into. We can't turn our backs on something that could be so vital. It's odd that you summarily dismiss the idea, not seemingly in protection of Firefoot but of not trusting a wolf. I'm uncertain of Firefoot as a wolf but if she is I wonder if you are her mate. Also, it would seem that Lottie's motivation is that of not letting the other pack win, it seems a matter of pride really. It would fit, then, that she would give the info that she knew at the time.
I'm unclear: who is "you" here? Assuming you mean me (Formendacil), I did not intend to "summarily dismiss" the idea of sifting through Lottie's posts, merely offering the caution that the sifting would, in fact, be sifting--Lottie's riverbed is not gravelled solely with gold nuggets.

I agree that Lottie may well be motivated to share her knowledge with the village out of professional pride or tribal rivalry, but if we assume she still has packmates living, her chief concern is probably as much to deflect attention from them as it is to help us find the other pack.