View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #145
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Am I just stating the obvious when I ask what happens if the village spokesman ends up being a wolf? What sort of fail-safes are there if we choose a wolf for such a role.
Actually, it's not a problem if the village spokesperson is a wolf. He needs to state what the dead should do to communicate what on the thread, and if the dead have agreed to comply, they will communicate that. The wolf can tell the dead to give us information that he thinks would be misleading or useful for the wolves, but he has to do it in a manner that won't give away his role. So, there's little danger in that, unless of course say two wolves of the pack are dead and the third is the spokesperson, and they have prearranged to give the village false information of a specific sort, but really how likely is that?

I think the bigger problem remains that both the living and the dead should be happy with the spokesperson arrangement. The phantom suggested the dead should have leeway in the arrangement which theoretically would be good, but in practice I only see it as making the system (even more) unreliable. So the way I see it, either the (future) dead pledge themselves to drudgery and assisting the village, or then we will have rather unreliable information. Personally I prefer the first option out of the two, but a middle ground would of course be the most profitable (also because I'm a little worried the dead won't be motivated to participate if participating only means doing as you're told).

I think we can keep talking about it toMorrow, though, and shouldn't get too sidetracked as we still need to vote toDay. (Not trying to start a discussion and kill it instantly, but rather speaking as an East European whose bedtime is past already...)

edit: xed with everyone
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote