View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 04:10 PM   #123
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I'm home and I just want to go to sleep.

As of now, I have no idea who I should vote, and I'd actually still like a tie->no lynch today (only today, not every day, I don't even know who first twisted it that way). Let me explain once again why.
  • Whether we lynch somebody on DAY 1 or not, the Dead can only start voting for role reveals on NIGHT 3. If we lynch now, they'll have to choose between 4 people. If we don't, there will only be 3. I see that we'd benefit from narrowing down the options. Especially as the role vote is the only way to find out dead people's alignment until the seer dies.
  • To people who say voting and lynching is the "way this game is played" and the village's best option: under ordinary circumstances, yes. But in this game it means next to nothing. For the first, we just won't know if a lynch was successful or not. For the second, there are two wolf packs so no matter how essential a part you play in lynching a wolf, you may still be one yourself.
  • Let's face it, the lynches are far from being our primary way of getting information in this game. The wolf kills are, and the Dead Thread and what happens in there (whether we find a way for the two threads to communicate or not, we will still learn something from who the Dead choose), and eventually hopefully the seer. I think it's more important to keep the Dead Thread under control as best we can and make it as difficult as possible for the wolves to mess it up than it is to lynch a poor random person on DAY 1 just to make a point.

If somebody would like to explain the actual benefits of lynching somebody today, I'm more than willing to reconsider, but as I see it, we're trying to apply old rules to a new concept.