View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 04:15 AM   #3920
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
Just an FYI for those of you talking about Fell Winters: There were two Fell Winters spoken of in Middle-earth - one in the First Age, the second in the Third Age. There was also a notable winter called The Long Winter, which especially hit Rohan in the Third Age.

See HERE
I think we might anyway want to come up with a specific name for the winter in question, because we (and the characters) are certainly going to refer to it often. Of course, if it was just the previous winter, we could call it "the last winter" or something like that. Or it could be simply "the winter", and everyone from around Scarburg would know which winter they are talking about. (Just to be clear, I anyway presume that it was a local horrible winter, people somewhere in the Shire or Gondor might not have any idea what we are talking about, but I guess in 90% cases that is not our concern. Meteorologically speaking, the cold front from the East had stopped just short of the Misty and the White Mountains and the revolving precipitation combined with dramatic drop of temperature plagued our part of Rohan for a long period of time...)

I am updating my bio for Hilderinc right now, and posting the edit soon. By the way, I have reread a lot of the previous thread (at least things that were relevant to Hilderinc, because I wanted to re-check his character) and I have to say there was more than I expected... And fairly funny events we've had here, I'd say.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories