View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 02:16 PM   #3914
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
1420!

Thanks Pio! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I think the reason there hasn't been much discussion on Nogrod's timeline is no one has a problem with it. But who is writing the interim post outlining/detailing it for the thread? Or is that even necessary? We also set that up as the backstory and allude to it as necessary (eg I would imagine some of those things are the sorts that Athanar would allude to in a goodbye speech, if Nogrod is so inclined to write one...).
I think it would be decent and reasonable to open the actual new thread with an opening post with a short (very short) general description of the Mead Hall and then outlining the recent events (the last five years we jump). After that we could then start posting on it, starting on the spring coming after the terrible winter.

That means - and I would suggest it alongside Legate & Firefoot - that all the so called "jump posts" aka. those dealing with matters happening before the "new beginning" (fex. Athanar's last post) would have a more natural place in the old thread. It would make the new thread feel more like starting anew.

Who would then write the opening post aka. the kind of official opening of the thread? Well, I think it would naturally be lmp.