View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #3889
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Someone's going to have to tell me what the Fell Winter is. I feel ignorant asking.

(...)

We may need to know big key events, for instance - did we indeed decide that Athanar left and Eodwine took up his role as eorl again? Which characters left and why? I think those are the only two things that will affect my characters.

And we might even want to know what kind of natural events occurred.

Any deaths in the hall? That'd be interesting.
The point was to "clean up" the Hall a bit; Athanar and many of his household leave, while some stay, and also some old old characters who no longer have players etc could be dumped, either by leaving with Athanar, or on their own, or in some cases (if the player wishes so) can die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Is this Fell Winter something we're making up, or is it in the history of the Fourth Age? Apologies if this question could be answered by simple research; I don't have my sources with me.
I don't know who first used the term "Fell Winter", maybe it was me, but the point was merely to use it as simple term for Nogrod's suggestion of a really evil winter (local, it doesn't mean it has to be nearly as bad anywhere else even in all parts of Rohan), during which some characters might even die, and also it brings all the Scarburgians finally together personally, since they'd have to cooperate and will share the terrible experience - starvation, isolation, illnesses etc.

As for the years: I am fine with 3, would prefer 5, and the original idea was even like 10 but mostly it seems rather long.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories