View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #3834
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Seeing that it has been a couple of years the Mead Hall has worked I'd strongly suggest we'd come up with a new one - or even better - take a time-leap to let us refresh the company of writers and characters. A leap in time (aka. not a leap in space) would allow using some of the old characters - which would be nice as I think many of us who wrote them the last time were growing quite fond of or even close with them - while giving us a natural opportunity to bring on new writers and characters.

I agree with Snowdog up to a point.

I really disliked the over-control freaking of some game-hosts - or players - of the earlier days (even if someone is the host / mod / patron, that doesn't mean it is your story alone), but I have seen the other side of the matter too where someone has fex. used my character in totally odd ways in no way fitting in to the personality, or rushing things forwards unnecessarily just for one's impatience when others have had clear and openly expressed intent of writing something for their part in a day or two on a particular situation before things get moving forwards storywise.

With good will and wish to do things together and honoring each others' contributions we can achieve a lot without unnecessary or constraining rules.

Talking of organizing, I'd be happy to give you Littlemanpoet the reins of the Mead Hall again (I don't think I have the time or resources to lead it), but I could think of letting Athanar or Stigend (and Cnebba!) to stay and to write for them - or then take on just a totally new character.

So count me in.