View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 02:18 AM   #177
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sally, Day One

Tally
Inzil —> Mac

#37.
Opening banter.

#38.
Responds to my banter (#3) re: Jonathan the Apple and to Zil's ”accusation” of Mac and Mc (#23): "I would love this, honestly, though who would be the third McWolf?” and to Rikae's apparently joking threat to vote her for non-appearance (#35): "Love you too, sweetheart.”
Comment: Not much in this– the only thing is that she was playing along with the “jokey” accusations after Zil had in fact voted Mac.

#40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Speak of the devil!
No, darling, Phantom isn't in this game.
#41.
Quote:
So I have this problem where I'm tired and it's getting late and I need to vote. Unfortunately there hasn't been much said, and everyone's favorite psychic wolf boy isn't here yet, so I've no idea which of you to suspect.

I suppose I could always pick on Agan....
#44.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Sorry... must be channelling Lommy.
Lommy killed Kit before! Are you saying you're a werewolf? Is that a confession? Is it is it is it?
#45. Says it feels odd to be in a game without Nogrod.

Tally
Inzil —> Mac
Mac —> Shasta

#47. Vote-post.
Quote:
All right, it's time for voting and then sleeping.

++Dun

This might sound silly, but I think he's being louder than he would be as an ordo. His behavior regarding the McPlayers is also a bit unsettling, as has been pointed out, but I am more caught by his volume at this point; I feel an ordo Dun would have been less involved in toDay's discussions (if you can call them discussions). Alas, that's the best hunch I have.
Comments: This vote seems to come out of the blue, as before this she gave no sign of seeing Zil's "behavior regarding the McPlayers” as anything other than banter. Bear in mind that this was an early Day One vote– rarely are they very sound. Other than that, does a lot of “playful” suspecting of other players, which can certainly be a wolf-mask. But once again, there actually wouldn’t have been too much material for an innocent Sally to build on at that stage. #41 *could* be a possible “hurry up!” signal to an absent Shastawolf, though I really only mention this because it follows her own later logic on Wilwa and Zil (#124).

Sally, Day Two

#92.
Quote:
Agan, of all people? Really?

Regarding the possibility of Agan bluffing as seer, I could see her buddying up to Dun for a Day had she dreamt him a wolf. After all, she's a hot candidate for Night kills (as we've just seen), so throwing him off her scent could buy her an extra dream or two so she could....I don't know, man, it's Agan. Frankly, my first suspicions would not have been that she was the seer; she defended Dun to the extreme, sure, but the manner in which she did it does not cry seer to me. I think she was going from what little evidence she had and wanted to keep Dun around because, as she said, she wanted to play with him.
Other than that: is annoyed about the Ranger being lynched; asks if there is a Wildcard; says will not be around much until later.
Comments: Weird post. I believe she’s referring to my suggestion that killing Agan might have been a *wolfish* bluff– but she apparently thinks I meant a bluff on the part of Agan as Seer (had she in fact been one). I’m honestly not sure what her theory is, here (or rather what she thinks mine was): perhaps that the wolves thought Agan was a Seer who had dreamed Zilwolf and was trying to put him off his guard. For her part, she seems to think Aganwas a random kill-choice.

#95.
Thanks Kit for clarifying that there is, in fact, no Wildcard.

#101.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
And why is Inzil so eager to have me suspect him? I feel taunted.
Maybe he's playing a dangerous game and is the third McWolf?
Tally
Wilwa —> Greenie
Inzil —> Nerwen
Mac —> Greenie (2)
Shasta —> Mac
Rikae —> Inzil

#122.
Quote:
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys, I'm really tired and I just want to sleep. It looks like we have four different people with votes. That can't be true, can it?

Doing a quick read through, voting, and then going to bed. Back soon.
#124.
Very long post.

Mac is “not allowed to be lynched” because she likes his punning and also doesn’t find him particularly suspicious.

Suspects Wilwa for stating (#112) that she would probably be absent until Day Three, and would then be more active. This, to Sally, suggests a wolf leaving coded messages to her pack.
Quote:
Perhaps just straws, but it's a distinct ping for me at this point. I believe Wilwa would be bold enough to make such a comment, being unable to communicate with her pack any other way at this point, and the specificity of her wording seems tricksy to me.
Find it “unsettling” that she has no feeling either way about me, and also that I haven’t been bantering with Shasta, "though perhaps that's due to his own lack of participation?” Will keep an eye on me.

Also finds Zil's complaint (#114) about about “lack of activity from some” suspicious:
Quote:
Given Wilwa's quoted comment above (which comes not long before Dun's above post) I almost feel like this is some sort of sign of recognition, perhaps even disapproval, toward a semi-absent packmate. I know I'm connecting two "if then" dots, but between Dun's actions toDay and Wilwa's possibly pointed comment, I don't feel like the dots are too far apart.

Currently that makes my top options Wilwa and Dun. I feel Dun is the popular choice toDay, but I'll give it a quick think as I ready for bed and make my decision upon my return.
Comments: Well, Wilwa is indeed very problematic due to her lack of participation– but this seems like a pretty massive reach.

#125. Vote-post.
Quote:
++Dun to be done

I find his comments and shifting attitudes toDay too bizarre to ignore. Besides, I'm extra paranoid about him from our last game.

I'm out for the night. Sleep well, my loves.
Comments: thing is, Zil *was* quite erratic and strange yesterDay. Yet, the actual vote does come across as rather opportunistic.

Sally, Day Three

Tally
Inzil —> Sally
Rikae —> Sally

Objects to the reasoning in Zil'svote-post, saying her misrepresents her comments about Agan at #92.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
My logic is bolded, and in my opinion was clear to begin with. You're the one reaching, love.

You say I voted you based partly on past games, which as a joke is true, but I find you suspicious for actual reasons, some of which you are illustrating now. Suddenly finding my votes for you incredibly suspicious when only hours ago you found Nerwen and Shasta the best wolf candidates based on voting trends? Why change your position to me? Could it be that one (or both, which....unlikely) of them is your packmate? You said you wouldn't repeat your (frankly stunning) performance from a previous game, so perhaps toDay's actions are that restraint coming into play. (I'll note also that you didn't seem nearly as amused by the linked post as I think you would have as an innocent.) Your jumpiness, your panic, is what makes you suspicious, both in the wake of Agan's death and toDay.
(This post x’d with Rikae's vote.)

Comments: Half-and-half on this. As noted, it does seem the gist of her post about Agan was that she *didn’t* think the wolves thought Agan was a Seer who had dreamed Zilwolf and then “buddied up” to him, but I can’t exactly say it’s “clear”. For the rest– I would agree that Zil's playing– yesterDay, at any rate– was jumpy enough to be possibly suspicious. The rest, though… I don’t know what she means about him being not amused enough, and in that final sentence she does actually seem to be treating Agan's death as a point against, rather than for, Zil's innocence, though apparently not for the reasons Zil thought.

#163.
Quote:
Let's hope that one or both of Dun and Rikae are evil, or we are hosed.

Who else is around presently?
#165.
Notes that both Rikae and Zil have said Shasta and I look the most evil (Zil #144, Rikae #150). Queries Rikae's working assumption of Zil’s innocence, as she doesn’t think McCaber's remark on Zil was “terribly clearing”; believes Greenie was more likely dreamed, "but even that isn't very clear”.

Suspects both Zil and Rikae for their “sudden switches in position”, especially rapid changing of targets. Has seen them act this way when evil. Acknowledges she is being “a little sensitive” but says this is because their voting her “could also cost us the game”. Does not know which to vote for– had ignored Rikae before as she agreed about Zil, the “more obvious threat”. Thinks it likely at least one of the two is a wolf, possibly both, and points out that that are bold players.

Adresses me (“and anyone else around”), saying that we must vote together, “or we *will* die”. Will follow anyone else’s choice of Zil or Rikae, as "her actions toDay have shot her far up the list, and Dun's never left that position”.
comments: Well, she’s panicking, all right. Either a wolf or an innocent would be at this point.

#166.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
*crickets*

#167. Vote-post.
Quote:
++Dun

I guess I'm nothing if not consistent.

His jumpy attitude, his flipping and flopping, his sudden change in top suspects with little to no explanation. He's almost certainly evil, and I think it quite likely that he and Rikae are playing a very bold game. At this point I have to hope they're playing a bold game, because if either of them is innocent, the other wolves can just pile onto me and we'll have lost.

I'm sorry I can't wait around longer and make more of an effort to focus votes, but I have to go to bed, and I feel I have the right candidate. I hope I'm not dead when I wake up, because then we'll all be dead.
#169.
Replying to my stated intent (#168) of looking at her first (and here I am!):
Quote:
Please do, love. I'm not hiding anything.

Well, I'm hiding under the covers, but that's because it's bedtime. Sleep o'clock now. Help me kill a werewolf please. G'night.
Conclusion: As stated, whatever her role she would be pretty freaked out at this point. Her counter-accusations of the people who voted her look quite bad, as well as her eagerness to discount any inferences drawn from the Night-kills (though certainly she is right that we *shouldn’t* be taking such inferences as fact). On the other hand, a threatened wolf who hoped to survive toDay would probably have voted someone other than Zil, currently, I’d say, the least likely person to be lynched. But then so would an innocent. I do agree with her that both Zil and Rikae have been playing darn weirdly. On the whole, I’d say she looks more like a flailing wolf right now than a scared innocent, but I don’t like having to bet on it.

I’ve been called away so often while trying to do this that I’m not sure I’m going to have time for anyone else, but will do my best.

Rikae next.

EDIT:X’d since Shasta at #172.
EDIT2: Sentence left out.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-15-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote