View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #126
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Legate

I am also giving other’s responses to, and opinions of, our late Ranger, leaving out Agan. Posts may not be cited in full.

Legate #24
Banter. Says that if he had to guess on the basis of "tone and gut-feeling”, his pick would be McCaber as "the only ones giving any awkward vibes on first read” and “okay, maybe possibly Mac.” Stresses that these are just first impressions. Edits this post to note that it crossed with Zil #23 (a seemingly non-serious accusation of Mac and McCaber), saying, "Notwithstanding joking, to name the same two people is somewhat... unsettling.”
Comments: As we will see, this post is largely what got him lynched.

Zil #26 (replying to Legate #24)
"It's a conspiracy, I tells ya. Or, more likely, a coincidence based on the fact that so few have posted toDay.’

Legate #27 (replying to Zil #25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I didn't even think about it as wolf-on-wolf, but McCab especially (and Mac a bit) was basically really the only person sounding to me somehow fake, or how to say it. But that's really the only thing. But noticing such interactions is good, if for future reference, or whatever, we shall see...
Rikae #28
Askes why Cab is suspicious, or whether it’s just banter. (This post x’d with the previous.)

Zil #31
Says Legate "doesn't have any furry vibe at the moment”.

Rikae #35
Says Legate “sounds legit”.

Tally
Inzil —> Mac

Mac #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Only Legate and Rikae are really trying to be helpful, which is nice, and even though it doesn't actually tell us anything about their alignment, I'd be willing to reward it by not voting for them.
Tally
Inzil —> Mac
Mac —> Shasta
Sally —> Zil
Rikae —> Zil(2)

McCaber #49 (Vote-post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
I'm not sure I agree with lynching the silent ones Day 1. In my experience, the people with something to play for are the ones who tend to show up early, while the lurkers tend to be ordinary innocents.

So with not a lot to go on, let's go with who saw suspicion in me, I would say unnecessarily and prematurely.

++ Legate of Amon Lanc
Tally
Inzil —> Mac
Mac —> Shasta
Sally —> Zil
Rikae —> Zil(2)
McCaber —> Legate

Greenie #50
Comments on Legate's edit to #24:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
This looks - a bit panicky? Or not panicky, but he does seem to overreact a little. Possibly just innocent Legate phrasing oddly, but I also see a possibility of wolf-Legate getting worried that his harmless suspicion would lead to actual consequences. Maybe wolf-on-wolf he had thought risk-free this early and then freaked out when somebody else even jokingly suspected the same, or else just plain old not wanting to be associated with what might turn out to be a bandwagon against an innocent. Even if it was wolf-on-wolf, though, I find it unlikely that both Cab and Mac are wolves, that would be too bold for Legate, but if it's only one of them, why was Legate so concerned about Inzil suspecting "the same two people"? Gah. Too much speculation! I think there's something off in here, I'm just not sure what.
Comments: that last is something I’ve seen (and used) before as a wolf-tactic– drawing attention to a tussle between multiple players as “suspicious” in a noncommittal, non-specific way, thus leaving one’s options open. That said, “something off in here, not sure what” was pretty much my own reaction to the whole thing at that.

Legate #52
Sally's reasoning for her vote “seems innocentish”; is “uncertain” about Rikae's, as the grounds she gave seem thin. Comments on McCaber #34
Quote:
This has more or less the same vibe I got earlier from McCab, which could be this sort of wishy-washy "I am pointing at someone, but never mind me, I didn't actually say anything". Of course it has reasons behind it, but . The question is also whether voting for me after that is a sign of independant mind or further dodge: a Wolf mentions person X as suspicious and then votes person Y, because he doesn't want to be associated with the lynching of person X. Cab is still in my orange zone, essentially.
On Mac #36
Quote:
I hope this is not the classical case of a Wolf "buddying up" or talking nicely to other people in order to get on their good side. Villainy wears many masks, none of which so dangerous as virtue. Also, I have hard time remembering whether Mac has always been so cheerful as he seems from all his posts, or whether it is a result of his merry Nightly frolicking.
(This post x’d with Greenie's entrance.)

Greenie #55
Replaying to Legate #52:
Quote:
I don't really know what "vibe" you talk about, that quote gave me no vibes whatsoever. Interesting point about Cab's vote, though, even if I don't really think it was a wolfish vote. I mean, look at the reason he gives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab
So with not a lot to go on, let's go with who saw suspicion in me, I would say unnecessarily and prematurely.
I don't really see Cabwolf openly declaring he votes for someone solely because they suspected him - not even on a Day 1 with little to go on. If he was a wolf, I'm sure he could have invented another reason for voting Legate. Gut-feeling or something.
Legate #56
Replies to Greenie; makes list:
Quote:
True; well, he says "unnecessarily and prematurely", which is a sort of accusation (in fact, a kind of veiled one again, could be again more or less in the same style as his earlier posts). But yes, you have a point.

Anyway, as for some general evaluation, from my part at this time:

On the innocentish side:

sally
Zil

Leaning no particular way:

Nerwen
Greenie

Yellow zone:
Rikae - but simply because I would like to hear about the vote, otherwise nothing bad
Mac?

Orange zone:
McCaber

Absent:
Shasta
Wilwa
Aganzir (technically, hasn't posted yet)

So my strongest pick would in most ways be McCaber, even though I would definitely like to see more from him, too, but guess we can't have everything. Taking into account also Greenie's point; the question is however whether a Cabwolf would simply not invent a case for voting me because he simply wants to make it a throwaway vote, after messing around with other people earlier, and simply wishing to stay out of sight or whatever. Still around and pondering, though.
Greenie #58
Suspicion-list. On Legate
"His jumpy reaction to Inzil "suspecting" the same people was a bit fishy, and I think he's grasping at straws with his suspicion of Cab. It's also interesting that while he was all the time more after Cab than Mac, he dropped Mac altogether after Inzil voted for him. Eyebrow-raising.”

(The next few posts are all from Agan, and have been treated separately by me in an earlier post.)

Greenie #62 (Vote-post)
Replying to Agan #59 (where she disputes Legate's edit to #24 being “panicky”):
Quote:
I see what you mean. But I also think the way he phrased his surprise (notwithstanding joking, to name the same two people is somewhat... unsettling) seemed like he was more disturbed than surprised. Like I said, I might be reading things into an innocent Legate phrasing things oddly, but it's the best lead I have at the moment.

That said -

++ Legate
(This is followed by Agan's vote on Legate.)

Tally
Inzil —> Mac
Mac —> Shasta
Sally —> Zil
Rikae —> Zil(2)
McCaber —> Legate
Greenie —> Legate
Agan —> Legate

Legate #67
Replying to Greenie’s vote-post.
Quote:
Very interesting, LG. I'm really wondering about your reasoning there, because didn't you effectively disqualify that being disturbing yourself? As in, okay, let's say that what I said is odd, but what does it effectively mean? What would I accomplish by saying it if I were a baddie? More so if it seemed like I was disturbed? In your train of thoughts, the only thing that could point it to would be that one of the guys in question (or both) would be fellow Wolves and I am panicking - so why would I bring more attention to it all? Very, very odd reasoning you have, indeed.
Legate #71 (Vote-post)
Quote:
And what the??? And can I even save myself anymore???

Well, of course I have to

++Zil

But seriously?????
Legate #72.
Realises he can’t save himself; is generally furious.

Legate #73.
Quote:
I can assure you, it WON'T look hilarious to the village.

First person to get the votes is lynched, ergo me.

For that matter, I believe Agan innocent and I don't know about Greenie now. (50/50 I'd say. And it isn't just because of the vote.)
Final posts are dialogue with Agan (known ordo) and a a final “don’t do this again” admonishment to the village.

Comments; So yes, that was weird, even for a Day One lynch. The reasons given for voting him were
1. Retaliation for being suspected at #24. (McCaber.)
2. “Panicky” edit to #24. (Greenie.)
3. Saving Zil (Agan.)

Of the three, Agan is dead and a known innocent and McCaber posted very little. Greenie, though, is noteworthy for the way she keeps coming back to #24, and apparently somehow finding it more suspicious with each iteration. An obvious inference would be that Greenie is packmates with Mac or McCaber (whom she defends, especially the latter) or else with Zil (who was actually in danger). That, however, would make the Night-kill of Aganzir, the other Legate-voter, an odd choice.

Note: I started this some hours ago and had to go out just before finishing, so though I am aware of later posts I haven’t read them properly and they are not taken into account here.

EDIT: typo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 10-13-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote