View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 11:20 AM   #11
Moonraker
Banned

Moonraker has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigūr View Post
Are we talking about at the Pelennor itself? Given that "Gothmog, Lieutenant of Morgul" (whoever that was) stepped in as the commander - albeit seemingly a rather incompetent one whose strategy was mostly just 'throw the reserves in' and still lost - in the course of events as they actually happened, he seems to be the most likely candidate.
But would anyone within the Mordor ranks seriously be in a position to risk confronting Gandalf the White in full flow at the main gate of Minas Tirith, having seen their great commander slain before them? I can't see it myself, even Gothmog would be at a loss. They may well have needed Sauron to make an appearance to restore belief again. The Mouth of Sauron isn't as powerful as the Witch King, so I am not sure what he would bring to the battle scene other than a token of leadership and urgency to proceedings. Incidenally, what happened to the Mouth of Sauron once the Ring was destroyed?

The Mumakil would have been unfazed, however, and would make no bones about attacking the main gate, But the archers of Minas Tirith would have a field day at targeting the eyes of these monsters, ultimately leading to their carcasses blocking the gate.

Last edited by Moonraker; 08-05-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote