View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 PM   #335
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
"I demand trial by combat!" Mac shouted, leaping to his feet and facing the room.

A silence faced him.

Nobody was willing to step forward. Only a crazed Lannister would make such a request. He was dead already by the rules of the inn. Who would be mad enough to take him on?

There was a quiet cough. Everybody turned to look at Volo.

"Erm," he said, "I am willing to fight for you, Mac, even if I fear it is too late!"

“I, too, am willing to fight!” Inzil cried, spurred on by Volo.

“Oh thank the gods, any of them.” Volo exclaimed with relief. “You go ahead, Inzil. I really didn’t want to face this madman. He has the bearing of a knight and would probably cut me in two!”

Inzil, wrong-footed and frankly horrified at this turn of events, hesitantly stepped forwards.

"Well then, sir," said Mac stiffly, "I have no chance but to accept your challenge. May the gods decide which of us is true at heart, although I am personally sure they will find your loyalty to your house lacking."

"Funny, sir, I could have said the same of you," said Inzil.

"Traitor," coughed Mac under his breath.

"Lannister," Inzil coughed back, taking down the sword that had been hanging over the bar.

Mac was now the one to look worried. He had no weapon, and it didn’t look like anyone in the inn was about to give him one. Even if they had, he could hardly wield it with his greyscale-infected hand. Inzil took up a fighting stance and began to advance on Mac. Looking around wildly, Mac realised he had nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. This was it. With a vicious snarl, he leaped at Inzil, transforming into a huge, auburn lion as he did so.

"Sir, that is ungentlemanly of you!" Inzil cried and leaped aside.

"CHEATING!" echoed in the Inn.

Inzil and what had been Mac Connington circled each other, Inzil brandishing his sword. Mac growled and snarled but couldn't touch Inzil, who swung the sword aggressively every time Mac tried to advance. The lion’s advances became sloppy as his anger grew, and in a final desperate attempt to claw Inzil’s face off, he overreached himself and left himself open to Inzil’s blade. With a whispering slide of metal through skin, the sword found its home in Mac’s fur covered chest.

"Behold! The gods have judged and found Mac guilty!" Inzil cried, brandishing the bloody sword.

"Hear, hear!" yelled the crowd.

Light-hearted, the patrons retreated to their beds.

~ ~ ~

Dead:
Agan, moddess - slaughtered by lions on Night 1
Kath, moddess - mauled by bear on Night 1
skip spence, ordo - tasted the axe on Day 1
wilwarin538, Three-Eyed Raven - eaten by bear on Night 2
Galadriel55, ordo - murdered by lions on Night 2
Macalaure - Lannister lion - stabbed through on Day 2

Alive:
Eönwë - house Royce
Inziladun - house Tully
Kitanna - illiterate peasant
Encaitare - random peasant
Thinlómien - house (Stannis) Baratheon
Boromir88 - house Bolton
Loslote - illiterate Tyrell cousin
Nerwen - house Martell
A Little Green - house Reed
WythDryden/Lote22 - house Martell
Eomer of the Rohirrim - house Stark
Rikae - house Tarth
Coppermirror - crazy Northern hermit x
Nogrod - house Swann
Colin "Volo" Mute - house (Euron) Greyjoy
Gil-Galad - First Baker of Braavos
satansaloser2005 - random peasant

~ ~ ~

Night has begun!

Nightly creatures may begin their activities.