Thread: I Hate Feanor
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 04:51 PM   #25
Belegorn
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belegorn has just left Hobbiton.
One good thing that did come about was that for a time the Noldor did stay Melkor's hand in Beleriand for several hundred years. He was about to take over all of Beleriand by overthrowing Doriath when they came. Fëanor and his people destroyed his army utterly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantyr View Post
Maybe he should have just spent a bit more on the security system for his jewelry collection?
I do not think Fëanor kept his jewels out at all, "the Silmarils were shut in a chamber of iron." [Sil, ch. 7, p. 77] It is also said, "though at great feasts Fëanor would wear them, blazing on his brow, at other times they were guarded close, locked in the deep chambers of his hoard in Tirion." [p. 74] That was before his exile when he then built a treasury in the hills at Formenos and had them "shut in a chamber of iron". The only people he was comfortable around with the jewels were his father, who he loved most of all, and his sons.