View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
Sarumian
Wight

Sarumian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
No, that would drag out the story interminably. I believe PJ made the right overall decision in shooting “Lord if the Rings” as a trilogy– and I don’t think that’s what most criticisms have been about, anyway.
I can see the point of here but wasn't there quite a discussion about omissions made in FoTR? The travel through the Shire, Old Forest, the house of Bombadil and Barrow Downs are not in the movie. While it is justifiable to skip them if it is only one film, these are still among my favourite chapters of the book. The skirmish with wolves in Hollin and the encounter between Gandalf and Balrog in the Chamber of Mazarbul is missing as well as some events during the journey down the Great river, while the council of Elrond is shortened.

RoTK, on the other hand, seemed to be far too long to so many viewers and yet the whole Scouring of the Shire was thrown away, and the screen cut look as one none-stop battle scene.

Why then not to try to do two normal length movies where there is great material for two movies?

Last edited by Sarumian; 01-03-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Sarumian is offline   Reply With Quote