View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 03:38 AM   #3929
aurelien
Newly Deceased

aurelien has just left Hobbiton.
thrilled!

Hi everyone, I've just joined the forum and have got to say I'm absolutely thrilled to be here! I first began reading posts on this forum in August but due to some technical glitch in the registration process was unable to register (and I tried in so many ways as I was pretty desperate to join the conversation here!). I tried to find other Tolkien forums that I might join but none of them have the depth and scope of Tolkien knowledge that is exhibited in many of the posts here - not to mention the level of skepticism regarding the film adaptations, with which I wholly agree.

I kept coming back to read more, thoroughly enjoying your posts but unable to post myself and every once in a while I would try to register. Well today it worked! I'm so excited (I guess that's pretty obvious :-).

A little bit about me: I've been a fan of Tolkien's work since I first began to read the Fellowship of the Ring at 16, at the time still in my native Dutch. While I have always loved the Lord of the Rings though I am ashamed to admit it took me another 16 years before I finally read the Silmarillion. For too long I believe those that told me it was not a nice book to read (too difficult, too much in the style of the bible and so on), but oh how wrong they were of course! I was amazed to find I liked the Silmarillion even better than the Lord of the Rings. I've since read Unfinished Tales and have just begun reading the History of Middle Earth. I really look forward to being able to talk about all this stuff with everyone here on the forum as the Tolkien fans I know in real life have yet to move beyond the Lord of the Rings in their reading. Can't wait to join in the discussion at last!
aurelien is offline   Reply With Quote