View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 08:05 AM   #274
Zigūr
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Zigūr is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Zigūr is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
This looks like the new trailer. Sorry it's not a link to the trailer itself, but it's embedded in the story.

It's like looking at a 5 year old's drawing of a cat. You can tell what it's supposed to be, but as a representation of the real thing it's a bust. Nice to see the inevitable warrior-elf and Legolas romantic tension.
I didn't want to watch - but I succumbed. And like the trailer for part one, it has me thinking "Oh, that actually looks quite fun, if a poor adaptation." But that's the point of trailers, isn't it, to bewilder you into watching something you otherwise wouldn't? I can't believe how much added angst and interpersonal conflict has been shoehorned in judging by those couple of minutes alone.

The thing that always confuses me is that you could make an amazing film that was accurate to the books, one that would be so fresh and original compared to what Hollywood is regularly churning out, one that would probably get people in the cinema in any event (based on the reputation of the book alone) and yet they don't. Then again, nothing in this project has involved any courage, has it?

Oh and, by the way, in the spirit of the other trailer thread:

"You have no right to enter that mountain!"
"I have the only right."

"Amateurish" scarcely begins to describe it. I can imagine a clip from the trailer for part three:

Bilbo: We can't do that!
Thorin/Gandalf: Yes we can.
Bilbo: Oh, okay then.
*epic music*