View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yes, as I meant to write after my ref to the other author that Tolkien had never finished with his characters, writing the quite complex and fascinating essaya on the battle of the Fords of Isen , woodwoses etc after the publication of LoTR while the only account of Tuor in Gondolin was ao earlythat it ccouldn't easily be integrated.

I suposw what we have is the reault of having a scholar as literary executor rather than a storyteller 'I don't mean that to sound perjorative - CRT haa taken an approach which has prioritised his father's original texts at the expense of simplistic storytelling. Someone else might have taken the bare bones of the tales and fleshed them out into what they thought was a good story and the films indicate what you can get when that approach happens.

So since I love the world over the stories I am glad we have what we have.

I didn't realise that about the publication laws and I can imagine that happening.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote