View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #148
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Back again.

I’ve been thinking about Loslote and Coppermirror’s reactions to Zil’s death, and neither of them are sitting right with me.

Cop says (#106)
Quote:
And man, Inzil's killed the time he's finally innocent? We're clearly dealing with very sadistic sorcerers here. Anyway, why might Inzil have been killed? The only things which come to mind are that nobody really suspected him this time, or that they might have thought he was the Seer. Or it could be to lay a false trail to Lottie, I suppose.
Now, this can be interpreted two ways. (That, by the way is the problem I’m having with Cop in general– practically all her posts this game seem to have alternative good/evil readings!) She could just be citing common reasons for a Night One kill. However, from another angle it does have something of a fragment-of-the-nightly-discussion look.

Meanwhile, Lottie says
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
Until further notice, everyone but me carries a presumption of guilt. Confessions will be entertained.
Maybe this could have been seen as a Seer hint? For the most part, though, Zil was fairly non-committal. He certainly didn't jump in guns blazing saying "x is evil", so I think he was probably a no-trace kill.
Thing is, as I said in my analysis of Zil, his posts taken together might well have given off a gifted vibe, but that one by itself actually doesn’t look much like a hint. Through paranoid eyes, this looks rather like someone who has, in fact, studied Zil’s posts in detail, but wants to appear as if she hasn’t– and is also trying a bit of misdirection.

Again, this is one of those posts that can be can be read different ways, so I really don’t know. And of course, Lottie’s criteria for “looking Seerish” may be quite different from mine anyway– there’s always that.

Still, thought it was worth mentioning.

EDIT:X’d with a host.