View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigűr View Post
Incidentally, is there a particular reason, do you think, that Tolkien never (to the best of my knowledge) suggests "half-Dwarves" or any interbreeding of that kind? Besides the insular nature of Dwarven culture, I mean. I always supposed that being "adoptive" children of Eru, there was something slightly alien about them in almost a physiological sense which put something of a divide between them and the explicitly "human" races which interbred: Elves, Men (including Hobbits) and Orcs (assuming they were Fallen Children). That's my more lore-based reason for why I find the romance rumour a bit dodgy.
Well, inter-racial combinations were rare even between Men and Elves, and they were fundamentally more alike then Dwarves were to either. Add that to the fact that Dwarven women could have had longer beards than the male part of the equation, and maybe there lies the explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigűr View Post
Knowing PJ's tendencies though she'll probably end up with about three lines of incidental dialogue in large group scenes and lots of shots of her and Legolas intercut fighting spiders, werewolves, goblins, Ringwraiths, giant robotic Saurons, műmakil riding slightly larger műmakil, and Azog. Well, maybe that last one's a bit far-fetched...
That's far too restrained for PJ.

Last edited by Inziladun; 06-06-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote