View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #215
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPhillock View Post
Oh, enjoy the sketches too.
They are awesome. Good review anyway, and I agree especially on this part:
Quote:
There was nothing engaging about him, nothing I can see that matches with much Tolkien wrote, and his relationship with Bilbo is also underplayed and ineffective. It almost felt like he had to recite lines from a script to dislike Bilbo – because I sure didn't feel that he disliked him at all, sans that he had to.
Except I feel it was more about the script and the directing than Richard Armitage's acting - he's a fan of the books, and I would've expected him to get Thorin right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigūr View Post
Only giving Bilbo (or Thorin) a romantic subplot would have made it more unambitious to my mind.
Just wait till parts 2 and 3, we may yet see all kinds of interesting interspecies affection.

I shouldn't really be reading this kind of stuff this late at night, though, because now I'm annoyed with PJ again.

Quote:
I notice that you are the composer of the much-lauded Youtube Audiobook of The Lord of the Rings with film soundtrack.
Wait, that means I've reblogged your art on Tumblr! See, everybody here knows you some way or other.