View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #166
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Blimey, wizzers are tasty as can be. I could eat 'em all week, I could. An' congrats to our Insomniac troll; they're so clever a troll I can 'ardly believe they're one of us.

*ahem*

Very nice narration there, mods! I like the way you used bits of dialogue from the Day. A bit sad there probably won't be such good lines toDay, with the banter mostly over.

There's a lot to analyse in the posts from yesterDay. Though I thought the odds were good that someone would go for me after my last post yesterDay, I wasn't expecting quite this much, so I'll respond to one or two points now. I'm really tired, so I'll have to come back later to do any proper analysis of the posts and votes from yesterDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Thoughts Part 1...

Coppermirror, "Cop"- - Voted early for Boro who had only to two straight up banter posts. Certainly to watch.
The deadline in this game is one where almost every time I'm going to have to vote very early. (Not toDay, incidentally. I can be around for the deadline this time.) I was concerned that I might get targeted for voting early, so well before the game's start I made it very clear in the admin post that that was the situation. So, when I'm looking through the posts from toDay and yesterDay when I get back later, I'll be curious to see if anyone is making a big thing of my vote being an early one.

On Day 1, when all there has been so far is a lot of banter that there doesn't seem to be anything much in for serious analysis, and you have to vote immediately, what are you going to do? The only thing to do, short of abstaining from voting or deciding via random number generator (both of which are things I would hate to do) is to look at each person's posts and judge by how suspicious you feel about each of them. Boro's posts were the ones I felt most suspicious of, so Boro got my vote. I didn't have a lot of choice in voting in that way yesterDay, but I did hope that it would at least stir up some discussion of substance. It leading to a wizzard slipping up and getting caught that very day was rather better than I expected, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad View Post
That is my best theory on why Pom had that turn of face, like a plan suddenly backfiring and wanting to draw attention to Cab instead of Cop, as we see how Cab almost got lynched instead.
Gil, I don't think your theory stands up very well at all. (In fact, it might even be suspicious itself...) If you look through the posts before Pom's vote, a number of other people had already voiced serious suspicions of me. Accordingly, Pom's vote for me could not have been an empty vote for somebody who was not under any real suspicion.

But, I am quite curious about why Pom made that turn of opinion yesterDay too. I'll look at it a bit more later, but I can see a number of possibilities off the top of my head.

Pom could have:
- seen an excellent opportunity to go after McCaber that Day. If he's innocent, then after voting for me, proposing an extra innocent as a target is something in the best interests of the wizzards. They want as many innocents under suspicion as possible.
- or, it could have been that but that she was setting up McCaber for a target toDay rather than yesterDay.
- or McCaber is a wizzard, and Pom felt that the vote bandwagon was making them both look fishy, and she was trying to disassociate herself.
- Pom knew that I'm not a wizzard, so she knew that if I'd got lynched, people would look carefully at those who voted for me.
- ...and because she cross-posted with McCaber, she became the second person to vote for me rather than the first, and could have feared that that would make her look suspicious later on. By trying to back off from me, she could have been trying to prevent danger to herself.

I've considered the possibility that she might have made a genuine attempt to stop people voting from me, but that only makes sense if she thinks I'm the cobbler, and I don't think I said anything which could possibly make her think I was, so I'm discounting that.

I'll have to look at all the possibilities and maybe some more in more depth later when I'm less tired, because there could be some valuable info there on whether or not McCaber is innocent. See you all later.

Last edited by Coppermirror; 01-23-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: spelling error
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote