View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 05:21 AM   #21
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Looking at Boro's post, could you postpone the DL a few hours later so that people in the US could have a chance to vote nearer the DL? I mean if two or three hours would make a difference... if it doesn't, then let's forget it.
We can discuss that, though we chose the DL after deliberate thinking and with that in mind that the most important thing is that both the Mods (or at least one) can be around on DL. We are not all always staying up until 3 AM and such, unlike some

But I think in earlier games, it used to be pretty common phenomenon that people from one side of the Sea very often voted long before DL and it did not really matter (at least they could start the Day). I am often voting way before DL myself with the American deadlines and it isn't really such a big deal (speaking for myself, of course).

Quote:
If we have already people enough to play, why not start (at least) N1 already on the weekend? We'd still have a few days to make it 15 (or more). And with this flood of players coming in it would seem we'd be able to do even that.
We'll see about it, the point simply is to have enough players. Otherwise, it does not really matter much when we start, I'd say.

Quote:
My personal schedual just says I'm going to be away from the 31st on for a day, two or three. So if we start during the weekend or on Monday, I'm in - if you allow me in.
I think we are basically in the stage of "let's see if we start getting or losing players as we prolong the start..." We would prefer to start soon-ish too, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I am looking at my schedule, and I see that I have no life this weeks and the better half of net week. I can play only if it starts at least in a week. If you're starting this weekend, I would have to drop out. Sorry folks. I didn't think we'd get so many players so quickly.
We didn't, either - the quick influx of players is a surprise, of course, but a pleasant one. It's a pity if you can't play, though.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote