View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
It has a special place in my heart because I saw it at age three, making it my real introduction to Tolkien (or Tolkien-related stuff, anyway). All the same, I thought it was embarrassingly corny even then. Yes, really.

Not to say that PJ's version manages to avoid corniness.

EDIT: Maybe it's just that I wasn't allowed to smoke pot when I was three.
Pot and Bakshi go together like peas and carrots, if I may paraphrase Forest Gump. It's not only Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings", but watch his "Fritz the Cat", "Wizards" or "American Pop". I believe I saw all of them in an altered state back when they were released. I think.

*blinks absently*

Ummmm...what were we talking about again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
Certainly I thought Bakshi's Ringwraiths were far more chilling than PJ's shrieking Sith Lords.
The whole sequence with Frodo facing the Nazgul at the Ford in Bakshi's version was far better than PJ's silly Xenarwen fan-fic.