View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 08:00 PM   #36
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Not that I'm bitter, but thank Elbereth that you have supportive parents. I'm not saying that mine aren't supportive, but they do give me a lot of grief over my love of Middle-earth. My dad seems to think that he needs to track all my internet use, and when he sees me going to the Downs at the wee hours of the morning (he checks the tracks in the evenings), he actually starts laughing. Then, of course, he casually comments to my mum how weird I am, all the while in a very loud voice so that I can hear. It really does hurt that they don't even have the grace to lower their voices, but there isn't a lot that I can do about it. I've gotten so used to the emotional abuse that it just bounces off of me right now.

I would honestly be willing to sacrifice anything and everything for Tolkien/Middle-earth. That does sound strange, but from the depths of my heart, it is true. The high school that I go to is full of slightly strange people (a lot are druggies), but it's a genius school, so no one really cares. There are quite a few Lord of the Rings fans, so I'm not the only one, which does help.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote