View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 08:15 AM   #32
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I don't know, if you're "sacraficing" for something you love is it really that much of a sacrafice? If you're giving up a bit of popularity for hours of Tolkien inspired fun it's not really a sacrafice, it's just making the most out of your life, choosing your best option.

I don't think I've ever had to sacrafice anything. I still hang out with the guys and play sports on weekends and I still go places with friends on my nights off. Everyone that knows me is fully aware that I love LOTR but they don't really care.
Quote:
Don't worry about whether or not liking Tolkien will cost you your seat at the trendy table in high school. That stuff is so trivial. You'll look back on it and laugh.
Quote:
Who cares if you're popular or not? And what does popular mean anyway? That you are at the time rather liked by some idiots that might look rather good but mostly can't count to three.
Yeah, high school means nothing after graduation. You can go from outcast geek in high school to cool and well respected guy in college in the blink of an eye. Just do as you please and don't worry about what other people think. It's just temporary. And who knows, maybe it won't damage your popularity at all. Nobody seemed to mind my love for LOTR in high school.