View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #697
Gandalf_UK
Newly Deceased

Gandalf_UK has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonath View Post
Upon the completion of the Return of the King Special Extended Edition, one scene stuck out like a sore thumb to me. That scene being the dramatic confrontation between Gandalf and the Witch King.

To summarize for those who have not seen it:
The siege of Gondor is well underway; Grond has already taken down the Gates of Minas Tirith. Gandalf and Pippin, atop Shadowfax, are racing through the city to reach Faramir. Suddenly the Witch King appears seated on a fell beast. Gandalf and Pippin are thrown down, and the Nazgul raises his fiery sword; shattering Gandalf's staff. The horn of the Rohirrim is heard, and the Nazgul flies off.
I could not agree more. I think this was one of two scenes that I was really looking forward to from my interpretation on the book.

I feel that PJ really made Gandalf look weak in this scene, As noted in the original post i read it that they were both about to have an almighty battle and were squaring up to one another when the horn or Rohan was heard and then the Witch King flies off.

When Gandalf comes back as a White Wizard I thought that he would be more powerful, and an even match for the witch king. Unfortuantely he was portrayed a lot weaker than my interpretation of the character.

Gandalf uses more of his Power against the Balrog and in the 1st Hobbit film!!!!!!
Gandalf_UK is offline   Reply With Quote