View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #156
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Merry Christmas all, or belated ones, hope you have enjoyed/are still enjoying it... Also, because of Christmas (as I'm sure for many of us), I am not going to be here posting anything long (I will be around more once again later), so for now only a few notes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Legate, could you explain it a bit more, as concisely as possible?
It was several factors, of course. Basically the first thing about Boro that raised my attention, was him not behaving the way I am used to him behaving. He tends to be active and poking around people, especially when he's innocent (previously I had actually caught Borowolf a few times based on that, resp. once he killed me because he had succeeded in talking me out of it). Anyway, that was the starter, though at that point he wasn't alone - well, basically nobody had spoken anything actual at that point. But he was one of those I had expected to say something of value (given that it was like 5 hours before DL and midnight my time!). What sort of moved this further were his replies to me, which, looking back, is actually what I think had cost him my vote. But his posting just looked "dishonest" to me, or however should I call it, it simply had the sort of fabricated tone: he started really strong defense - it wasn't the content of it, but the manner. Especially that "why would you vote person X instead of you"-list idea seemed really fabricated, I still get that feeling when I remember it even now. And well, then I had to vote.

Speaking of this, to transit to the present, I still have similar feeling about some people's posts, similar like I did yesterDay. Mainly G55's posts sometimes give rather "fake" vibe, and partially also Cop - namely of the current issues, I am not 100% sure what to make of Cop's "pre-prepared" post. I am fine with somebody writing a post overNight when they know they e.g. are not going to have time to write in the Morning, even though of course we could debate how fishy is that since anyway, nobody except for Wolves knows who is going to die (thus how the mechanics of the game will look in the morning), and, perhaps more importantly, nobody except Wolves knows whether they are going to survive till morning - so what if it's a waste of time, huh? Of course, it can be only a nice brain exercise - but more importantly, I am not sure if I'm buying what Cop did, apparently making a point of having a pre-prepared post and showing off to us all that it contains the pre-made line "oh, poor Boro and [name]". Sort of looks to me like something a Wolf could do as "look everyone, here's a proof I didn't know who was going to die toNight, and I am proving it by showing you that in my draft, there is a blank spot I intended to fill in after the narration has been posted". I think an innocent could have pretty well just deleted the second name from the sentence after finding out that no [name] died, but this looks to me like intentional effort of trying to prove one's innocence.

From new things toDay I am feeling somewhat uncertain about Steve (his replies to McCab), though that's more just the air of it, nothing specific. And I still feel more or less genuine vibes from Morsul especially, even though I'd join to ask him to make his thoughts a bit clearer to us (and his vote seems a bit rushed, but apparently he thought DL might come).

Looking forward to see more people posting in the following time, also there are many I would like to form my opinion more strongly about (people with less show yesterDay like Shasta, people with less input yesterDay like Zil, people with no vote, like Nerwen and sally).
Like I said, I am not promising to be around extensively, but I hope to chime in at least once or twice tomorrow my time.

EDIT: x-ed with G55's very nice themed pictures
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote