View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 04:27 PM   #92
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Instead of just letting it happen as I believe what the LOTR trilogy showed between Gimli and Legolas. The tension was clearly established, and seemed natural at the Council. As the Fellowship journey continues you can just see the budding friendship, without forcing in inserted tension/let's be friends moment. Gimli is talking about being grieved at departing Lorien, and Legolas smiles...that's all you really need.
On the good side, though, the Dwarves were not as bad comic reliefs as Gimli was. Sure, they had their moments, but it was pretty accurate to the spirit of the book, except for some instances (*coughBolgfallingontopofeveryonecough*).

Not that this is relevant to what you're saying in the slightest. I just merely had the thought.

About what you said, I would agree, but then again, in defense of the movie, this is no Love Story where everything is subtle and clear even if it's unsaid. The Hobbit is a different type of movie. It's the kind where those things have to be exaggerated in order to be seen.